Right here’s a brand new spin on COVID-19 masks sporting. The Cultural Landscape Foundation (TCLF) is internet hosting “Masks for Unity,” a web-based public sale of masks designed by panorama architects, architects, and different design professionals. You’ll be able to view the Auction Gallery Guide, which incorporates images of every masks, artists’ statements, and biographies, after which bid solely on-line on the One Trigger web site from now till Monday, June 29.
“As panorama architect Ken Smith mentioned: ‘Socially distant doesn’t imply anti-social,’” mentioned Charles A. Birnbaum, TCLF’s President and CEO. “We hope that these masks – whether or not by means of humor or solemnity – present a standard, unifying bond throughout this difficult interval of nice turmoil.”
Clean unadorned white pleated cotton masks have been hand-made by Alissa Ujie Diamond, a doctoral scholar within the Program within the Constructed Setting on the College of Virginia. Greater than 40 design professionals have been invited to rework the clean white cotton masks into distinctive artistic endeavors. No restrictions or specs have been imposed. For every masks created for TCLF’s on-line public sale, a masks was made and donated to MASK UP in Charlottesville, VA, and to important staff. The web public sale will profit TCLF’s academic and advocacy initiatives.
Simply a few of the taking part design professionals embrace:
- Robert “Bob” Chipman, Robert Chipman Panorama Architect
- Gina Ford, Company Panorama + Planning
- M. Paul Friedberg, MPF&P, and Dorit Shahar
- Adriaan Geuze, West eight City Design & Panorama Structure, and the West eight Design Studio
- Lisa Gimmy, Lisa Gimmy Panorama Structure
- Gary Hilderbrand, Reed-Hilderbrand
- Mark Johnson, Civitas
- Mia Lehrer, Studio-MLA, and Michael Lehrer, Lehrer Architects LA
- Phoebe Lickwar, FORGE Panorama Structure
- James Richards, Jim Richards’ Sketchbook
- Mark Rios and Nate Cormier, RIOS
- Ken Smith, Ken Smith Workshop
- Christine Ten Eyck, Ten Eyck Panorama Architects
- Michael Vergason, Michael Vergason Panorama Architects, Ltd.
Masks photographs (at prime):
High row, left to proper: Phoebe Lickwar, Seed Keeper; Kofi Boone, Not But Ancestors: Speaking Masks (element); Gina Ford, Her-oglyphics; Ken Smith, Flower Masks.
Backside row, left to proper: Joeb Moore, Honey Dew; Tiffany Beamer Hope Blooms; James Richards, Related; Ken Smith, Flower Masks.