Due to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic and continued regulatory uncertainty, the GIE+EXPO 2020 Present has been cancelled. In response to present administration, the unpredictable nature of such a quickly evolving setting prohibited this 12 months’s present — which was slated for October 21-23 in Louisville, KY — from going down safely. Subsequent 12 months’s present is scheduled for October 20-22, 2021.
“The well being and security of our attendees and exhibitors is essential, and it’s with profound remorse that we announce the cancellation of our 2020 occasion,” stated Kris Kiser, President and CEO of OPEI, and managing accomplice of GIE+EXPO. “We’re wanting ahead to 2021 and already gearing as much as make our subsequent present a dynamic and interesting expertise for all the trade. I encourage exhibitors and attendees which have already registered or secured exhibit area to roll these monies ahead to the 2021 present.”
Subsequent fall, attendees and exhibitors will expertise a number of updates to the Kentucky Exposition Middle grounds. The power is enterprise $eight million in out of doors enhancements and enhancements, together with:
- Changing the primary entry gates to enhance ingress and egress.
- Increasing paved areas on the north facet of the constructing to extend exhibit area alternatives.
- Relocating greater than 126,000 cubic yards of filth, the equal of 63 soccer fields (or over 1 million wheelbarrows full), to the Outside Demonstration Space to enhance drainage and irrigation to the grounds.
- Including everlasting driving lanes to the Demo Space.
- Enhancing pedestrian entry from close by motels by including sidewalks that stretch from Phillips Lane to the brand new primary gate.
GIE+EXPO has known as Louisville house because the tradeshow started practically 40 years in the past. “We need to thank our host metropolis for its ongoing assist of our present,” Kiser stated. “Specifically I need to thank Karen Williams, president of Louisville Tourism, for her tireless efforts to assist us by this course of. She and the town have been terrific companions of the present, and we look ahead to an impressive occasion in 2021.”
Regardless of the necessity to postpone this 12 months’s present, the trade is doing nicely. “Producers, landscapers, and out of doors energy tools sellers have been deemed important throughout this ongoing pandemic, and the trade continues to play a serious function in preserving greenspaces across the nation secure and accessible,” stated Kiser. “What we’ve discovered throughout this era is the extraordinary significance of the dwelling panorama to our psychological and bodily well being, particularly for owners who’ve a yard.”
Registration is at the moment open for subsequent 12 months’s occasion at www.gie-expo.com.